Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
keybladeblue6

Should they have changed Marluxia?

As you may or may not know the original character design for Marluxia is that he was originally intended to be a woman but the creators changed her into a man at the last minute for some reason. That’s why he looks like he does and has a feminine sounding name. But what if they didn’t change that at all? Do you think it would have been better if he stayed a woman or not? I believe they should’ve kept him as a she because of his appearance, name, and powers.

I'm pretty sure the reason that they changed Marluxia to a man was because they didn't want the only two female members of the Organization to be traitors since it may give the wrong impression on the developer's views on women.  To be honest, I'm glad that they changed him to a man.  Marluxia wouldn't be the same as a woman, plus I personally wouldn't like the message it was giving about the trustworthiness of women.  That's just my thoughts, however.

Well I probably would have liked Marluxia as a women because of the rarity of women in Organization 13 (and Kingdom Hearts) and also me (being a girl) would have loved another  bad gal to join the squad! Plus when i first saw him, i actually thought he was a women... I mean just look at her....oh whoops i mean him...hehe  :wink:

Posted Image

Edited by XionRoxasSora

Ah yes, I've heard about this many times, and honestly, I would have really liked to see what Marluxia would have looked like if he was a woman!  It would've been awesome having Marluxia be a power hungry woman!  But, sadly, for whatever reasons, Square decided Marluxia to be a man. Still love him though, and he'll always be my favorite Organization member! :D

I have to agree with Mystics Apprentice. Now, personally I wouldn't have cared if Marluxia remained a woman, but I'm sure there would have been a lot of other women complaining that SE was sexist because all the female organization members were traitors.

It was a good idea that they changed him into a man, I think. It would have created unnecessary drama. However, I would have enjoyed seeing the original design of him!

I'm toying with the idea that it would have been nice if they changed another member into a woman instead when they changed Marluxia. Xigbar maybe.

[insert a picture of Xigbar in a fishnet pantyhose, cause I can't find one] 

Edited by Luzzekatt

Sign in to follow this